Saturday 17 September 2011

A Lack of Any Political Motivation..


Hi everybody! Welcome to the first post which is actually about something on this blog. I was thinking of what to write last night when I saw the status of a friend on Facebook. She often writes politically motivated anecdotes, pertaining to the government, the economy, welfare, war – you get the idea. I certainly admire her political motivation, although at the same time I’m a little concerned about my distinct lack of any...
Sure I vote; I’d like to think that I have some say in what happens in the country, even if that say only counts for a miniscule percentage of the overall figure. Still, outside of election periods I can’t find any motivation to think or talk politics at all. What’s the point? I hate to sound pessimistic, but once the elections are over we’re just along for the ride.
The only advice I have? Buckle up and hold on – and think carefully about who you’ll vote for in a few years time. In the interim, weather the storm as best you can, forget about the mess and try to enjoy the important things like spending time with loved ones. That’s what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment